Maintenance Technicians work in both large and small companies. In smaller companies, the role is more generalized. The tech may be required to fulfill all maintenance issues as they arise. In larger companies, the role of a Maintenance Technician can be more specialized, limiting your work to specifically work in areas such as: instrumentation, facilities, mechanical or electrical.
Maintenance Technicians mostly work in standard daily shifts but can also be required to supply “on call” support to their facility, depending upon the specifics of the job role. Maintenance Technicians usually work as part of a wider maintenance team within the facility.
Specific tasks can include:
- Assisting in the installation of new manufacturing equipment
- Ensuring equipment and machinery has proper calibration
- Preventative maintenance and routine inspection and testing of machinery
- Responding to alerts and messages – carrying out corrective action in line with maintenance procedure
- Maintains logs of any downtime within the manufacturing system
- May be involved in training of production staff of routine maintenance procedures
- Clear documentation of both routine checks and repairs needed, in line with both internal and external protocols and procedures
If you think you can handle the day to day tasks of a Maintenance Technician, apply at CCNN to obtain your certification today! This is the change you’ve been waiting on.
A Maintenance Technician within a manufacturing company will be tasked with routine maintenance of manufacturing equipment as well as helping to troubleshoot when issues arise.
As in most industrial environments, maintenance is a key feature of the company. The maintenance team will be involved in routine maintenance procedures as well as helping to troubleshoot issues should they happen with equipment in the manufacturing process, without maintenance workers ensuring top working order of integral parts of production, sales and production slow, costs go up and cutbacks take place.
The ultimate purpose of a maintenance team is to keep an efficient and safe work environment operational. Failure in this can result in a reduced output of product or compromised quality standards which can lead to faulty product.
Downtime of the manufacturing line should be minimized. Ultimately, these things result in loss of revenue for the company. For that reason, the role of maintenance is an extremely important one within a facility or manufacturing site.